- Value Creation – finding out what people need or want, then creating it.
- Marketing – attracting and keeping attention, and building demand for the value created.
- Sales – turning prospective customers into paying customers.
- Value Delivery – giving customers what's promised and ensuring that they're satisfied.
- Finances – bringing in enough money to keep the business operating.
1. Value Delivery
- Market Research
- Content Creation
- App Development
- Software Development
- Website Development
- Display Advertising
- Lead Generation
- Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing and Automation
- Public Relations
- Search Engine Optimization
- Content Marketing
- Direct-Response Copywriting
- Sales Assistant
- Sales Manager
- Outbound Calling
4. Value Delivery
- Order Processing
- Inventory Management
- Operations Management
- Customer Success
- Financial Planning
This is the reason why other services unrelated to the five parts of every business like data entry or appointment setting are difficult to scale.
Now, what if your skills are not related to the 5 parts of every business?
Don't fret. What you can do is build your existing service offering around the 5 parts of every business.
- Creating eBooks and workbooks (value creation)
- Designing websites (front-end) (value creation)
- Creating a style guide (marketing)
- Designing newsletters (marketing)
- Creating infographics (marketing)
- Designing sales pages or funnels (sales)
- Customer and market research (value creation or marketing)
- Content writing (marketing)
- Social media management (marketing)
- Outbound calls (sales)
- Customer support (value delivery)
- Bookkeeping (finances)